Sunday, January 8, 2012

Living the abundant life

When Kyle and I went to Chino to visit Erin and Rob, Erin taught the lesson in Relief Society on Pres Monsons First Presidency Message for January 2012, called Living the Abundant Life.  It really struck me in a way that really made me want to change and make more meaningful goals in my life.  Especially at the start of this new year.
Here is the beginning of it:
At the advent of a new year, I challenge Latter-day Saints everywhere to undertake a personal, diligent, significant quest for what I call the abundant life- a life filled with an abundance of success, goodness, and blessings.
I love that he wants us to go on a quest, go actively seeking for success, goodness and blessings, instead of just asking in prayer for them.  Not that I wasn't doing that before, but I just love the way that he put that.  It is a very personal thing for me to have the blessing that Pres Monson is talking about because it's what my Heavenly Father wants for me.
The ABC's of getting a more abundant life:
A- Have a positive attitude
B- Believe in yourself
C-Face Challenges with Courage

I just love all of the talk, and so I decided to take this personal quest for my more abundant life filled with success, goodness, and blessings.  So I made more meaningful new years resolutions for myself, that aren't just the generic resolutions that I usually make. Then these will become a habit and I can find new things that I need to work on through the year.

1. The only time I can watch TV right after work is when I work out.
2. Take a 1/2 hour to an hour and study each day, whether it be my lesson for Sunday, the relief society lesson, a church book, or my scriptures.. really emphasizing the scriptures in each of those studies.
3. Cut things out of my life that keep me from feeling the spirit everyday... for me TV
4. Work out.. so I can watch that little bit of TV I want to watch.
5. Be better about writing in my Journal

I know that I can do this, and my life will be more blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment