Sunday, March 18, 2012

Atonement Scriptures

Towards the end of my mission I started keeping a journal of the Atonement.  I went through the Book of Mormon writing down each scripture that had reference to the Atonement and categorized them in this way:
Atonement in general
The Resurrection
What Christ suffered for in our behalf
Him Suffering for our sins
I also wrote down some quotes I found in PMG and from General Authorities.  (Not all of these will be from my mission, as I have a lot more studying to do the rest of my life!)

Scriptures (in no particular order)
Atonement in general: 1 Ne 10:18 the way is prepared for all men, 2 Ne 2:6-8, Alma 34: 8-10 there must be an Atonement made, 2 Ne 2:4, 6-7, 26 the way is prepared from the fall of man, and salvation is free, John 3:16-17, 2 Ne 9:7, 10; Moroni 10:33, Ether 3:14, Enos:6 the Atonement at it's best in my opinion,
3 Ne 27: 13,19; Mosiah 13:28, Mosiah 15:19, Mosiah 16: 13, Hel 5:9, Alma 33:11, Alma 42:11, Hel 9:11, Hel 8:15, 18;  3 Ne 9:17, Ether 3:4 in me all mankind may have life., Moroni 7:41,

The Resurrection: 2 Ne 9:6,22; John 6:44, Alma 11: 42-45, Alma 40:23 restoration, Hel 14:15, Luke 24:1-10, 1 Cor 15:20-23 for as in Adam all die.. even so in Christ shall all be made alive., 1 Cor 15:40, 2 Ne 25:13, Ether 12:7, 3 Ne 13:22, Mosiah 3:9-10, Mosiah 15:7-8, 20-21, Mosiah 16: 8, Alma 4:14, Alma 7:12, Alma 11: 41-45, Alma 21:9, Alma 27:28, Alma 42: 23, 3 Ne 7:22, Mormon 7:5, Mormon 9:13, Mormon 9:25,

What Christ suffered for: D&C 19:15-19, 2 Ne 9:21, Hel 14:17, 2 Ne 9:8-9, 26; 1 Ne 19:9, Moroni 8:8,12,22; Mosiah 3:1, 16 Alma 7:11-12, Alma 21:10, D&C 122:5-8 - I love these scriptures! I do not think that I will ever be asked to suffer as the early saints or Joseph Smith suffered, but we all will go through our own trials.  I just love verse 8 'The Son of man hath descended below them all.  Art thou greater than he?' It makes me step back and think no I am not greater than He is or ever will be and if my Savior suffered that much I can get through any trial that comes my way... with a lot of help.

No comments:

Post a Comment