Sunday, March 18, 2012

Atonement Study

If you ever feel the need to do and amazing study before Christmas.. or at only ol time I've got one for you!
Right when I got out to the mission field in November of 2007 my mission president gave the mission this study he prepared and asked us all to do it.  I'm soooo glad that I was able to be a part of it because it is amazing and it helped me see the Atonement in a new light!  We started Nov 7 and went up till Christmas day.

1. Read and study carefully the material and scriptures on pages 51 and 52 of Preach My Gospel under the topic "The Atonement".  Discuss your thoughts, impressions, and feelings daily with you companion in companion study.  -If you're not married, or don't want to discuss it keep a journal!  It's so worth doing!

2. In addition, prayerfully read, study and ponder each of the scriptural passages set forth in the red box titles "Helping Others Learn about Jesus Christ" on pages 47 and 48 of Preach My Gospel.  This will require that you read at least 3 pages of scripture each day.  In your study journal, write your thoughts, insights and revelation received.

3. Finally, write in your own words, your personal understanding and new insights of the Atonement.
We gave a copy to our mission president, but just write it down for yourself!

You will be so happy that you did this!

No comments:

Post a Comment